Thursday, February 16, 2006

Update




(These pictures are so cute, I had to keep them on the front page!)

Caleb is doing much better. He went back on CPAP yesterday. He is doing well on the CPAP, but not good enough to back to nasal cannula - yet.

The infection he has is very strong. They have him on a strong antibiotic. His oxygen rate drops every time he pees, because it hurts him so much. He has a special lotion on his butt to protect his skin from "burning diarrhea" that the antibiotic is causing. He is in an isolation room for precaution (We do not have to put on gloves or a gown to see him. It is just a private room).

They do not think he has a stomach ulcer. After more tests, they think he might just be lactose intolerant. They have sent some blood work to Emory for testing to see if he is lactose intolerant. They are starting his feeds again today. He will get 5 ccs of soy formula every 4 hours.




I think I have figured out a way to send everyone an email when I update. Leave your email in the comments and I will add you to the reminder list.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell wee man to stop being so stubborn.

hmeagher93@hotmail.com

Lucy Henry said...

I can't wait to see Caleb again, it's been two weeks since I saw him last. I know he has changed.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big he has gotten. What a cutie!!
jeanadiddie@hotmail.com