Wednesday, December 06, 2006

took me long enough to update...

I’ve been following this blog for a while now. Her son was born a few days before Caleb. I was looking at the picture of her son last year at Christmas and I realized that’s the size Nolan is now! This time last year, I was looking at pictures of her son thinking that’s how big Caleb would be if he was term. Now, I’m looking at pictures of her son thinking Nolan will be that size this time next year!

My boys would have been 11 months apart - 8 months adjusted (that would have been fun to explain to strangers).

I wore my winter jacket for the first time this year yesterday. I felt something in my pocket. I reached in and found this:



It’s my arm band from Caleb’s last trip to Gwinnett. I put it back in my pocket. I’m not sure how I feel about finding it, but I like having it there. It’s a like a little piece of Caleb is with me. (I have little pieces of Nolan everywhere - from my hair that I don’t have time to dry before work, to the pictures of him on my fancy new phone, to the occassional spit-up on my clothes.)



Nolan will be 3 months old Monday. Can you believe that? 3 months! We’re taking him Saturday for his 3 months/Christmas card pictures. While we’re at the mall, we might as well stop by and visit Santa. (Unless the line is really long and full of crying screaming parents - and kids. I’m sure Saturday at lunch time will be the perfect time to go. I will need a BIG dose of patience.)

Mary Ann’s baby did not come Dec. 1 like I predicted. She will have a scheduled c-section tomorrow at 5 p.m.

E’s baby is doing well. He is in the NICU. The dr is guessing he will be there for 2-3 weeks. If he keeps doing well, he may be home by Christmas! I jealous and excited for E and her family.

I joined Curves last night. I was member there a few years ago, just before Cary and I got married. It is a good, easy workout. Perfect for people who haven’t worked out in a while - like me! I’m determined to lose my last 15 Caleb pounds and my last 15 Nolan pounds. You can really pack on the pounds with 2 pregnancy back-to-back - and it takes a ton longer to lose the weight when you don't breastfeed*.

I pretty sure 1/2 of you don't read anything I say. You just scan for pictures.


tummy time





He's not always a big fan of tummy time.


after tummy time


I can't believe how cute he is!
He had too much to eat and had to unbutton his jeans.



*I wrote a whole post about not breastfeeding one day and I decided no one cared, so I deleted it. Basically, breastfed Nolan = 4 pound Nolan; formula fed Nolan = 13 pound Nolan. I had issues with not having enough milk with Caleb, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just like a man...even a little one...to have to unbutton his pants after a meal! I can't believe how incredibly cute he is! If I were you, I would leave Caleb's band in my pocket. I think I would miss it if I moved it. Love you, Mac

Anonymous said...

I am glad you found Caleb's bracelet. I think it is his way of letting you know how much he loves you! Looks like Nolan is growing like a weed, a fat little weed! Good for you on joining Curves, I need to get my butt to the gym too. I just feel too overwhelmed by everything right now. Good luck with the potraits- can't wait to see them!

Anonymous said...

I read everything you write... the pictures are purely a bonus.

And speaking of pictures - GOOD LORD, he is SO CUTE! I love the "not enjoying tummy time" picture; it's moments like that where you start to see their little personalities come out.

Becci said...

I read your posts, too:)

Don't worry about the not breastfeeding. Dorothy is half and half right now and I don't feel a bit bad. She's healthy and growing, and that is the most important thing to me.